Wednesday 26 March 2008

Off to the Movies

We had our first family trip to the cinema today - ever! We've never seen anything that looked suitable for our son to view up till now, but we thought "Horton Hears a Who" would pass muster, and it did. I really enjoyed it, and so did my husband (even though he'd been tempted to save money, and not come with us, thinking he might not find it to his taste). But our son loved it, and really appreciated having both of us with him to share the experience. It does have a pro-life message "A person's a person, no matter how small" even though sadly, I found out later, that Dr Seuss (and especially his wife) were against pro-lifers using that phrase. As my husband says, now he's met Jesus, he'll know that it is an appropriate catchphrase to apply to the unseen unborn babies in the womb!

We might try Prince Caspian next, when it comes out in the summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVED Horton! It was great! Saw it on Saturday.

You should also see "Cars" it's a great movie too, I think.

A belated Happy Anniversary to you and your husband, Elizabeth! I'm sorry I am late - I've been super busy with a nesting instinct here - of sorts - guess it's impending surgery or something. Moving and cleaning furniture and rearranging rooms.... and I'm not DONE!

A Happy Easter to you all as well!

Anonymous said...

I tagged you at my place for a meme, Elizabeth!