Thursday 6 March 2008

How to get to Heaven

A prayer that says it all, lifted from Death At One's Elbow on Paulinus' blog, it's from a 1928 book called The Treasury of The Sacred Heart.

Remember, Christian soul, that thou hast this day a duty:
God to Glorify,
Eternity to Prepare for,
Jesus to Imitate,
The Angels and Saints to invoke;
Your Soul to Save,Your Body to Mortify,
Sins to Expiate,
Virtues to Acquire,
Hell to avoid,
Heaven to Gain,
Time to Profit by,
Your neighbors to Edify,
The World to Despise,
Devils to Combat,
Passions to Subdue,
Death Perhaps to Encounter,
and Judgment to Undergo.

I need to learn this off by heart.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

How beautiful! *saves, prints out, pins on bulletin board*

I just saw your comment. Thank you so much for contributing! It's entirely possible for me to just enjoy the classes sans performing, and I think that's what I'll do this time around.

Thanks again for chiming in! :)